Guitar lessons – 4 Types of guitars and 6 tips for beginners
Do you fantasise yourself as a rock guitarist? Have you always wanted to play a guitar but didn’t get the opportunity to learn it? It actually takes years to learn in order to play a guitar like a professional. Though there are websites that offer guitar lessons online absolutely free of cost, yet it is always better to learn it from an experienced teacher.
What you require to take guitar lessons
You need the following things in order to take guitar lessons.
- A 6-string guitar of any type
- A comfortable chair without any arms
- A guitar pick, preferably a medium gauged one
4 Types of guitars
It is important to have a little knowledge about different types of guitars before you start playing it. This knowledge will also help you to buy one. 4 types of guitars are listed below.
- Electric guitar: There guitars are made out of a solid piece of wood and rely on electronic pick up systems and amplifiers for the volume.
- Acoustic guitar: These guitars are made out of thin wood and they have a hollow in between. These guitars can produce quite a bit of volume without any amplifiers. They are used in nearly all types of music.
- Classical guitar: These guitars are mainly used in classical and folk idioms. The strings of these guitars are made out of steel that produces a warm, gentle sound.
- Acoustic-electric guitar: These guitars have in built pickups so that they can be plugged into PA systems or amplifiers. Most of the guitars that you see on stage are acoustic-electric guitars.
Learn to play a guitar – 6 Tips for beginners
Here are few tips that will help you, as a beginner, to learn how to play a guitar well.
- Practice well – The more you practice, the more familiar you will be with your musical instrument. It is recommended that you practice at least for 20 minutes daily.
- Make a practicing schedule – The quality of practice is important rather than practicing it for long hours. Take help of your guitar teacher to know how to make the most of your practicing sessions.
- Practice with a metronome – It is quite important to keep good timing while playing a guitar. Therefore, you should practice with a metronome. However, start off with a slow speed at the beginning in order to develop good playing habit and better control.
- Be careful about your posture – Taking guitar lessons is often painful and uncomfortable. So, learn the correct playing posture so as to avoid painful aches in your shoulder, back, neck, etc.
- Don’t play too fast – It is advisable that you don’t play too fast in the beginning. First, learn to play the notes correctly, then only you can play it like a professional.
- Change the guitar strings – Do not wait until your strings break. Change the strings when required as it is responsible for producing high quality sound.
While taking guitar lessons, it is very important for you to know that you need to be really patient and practice a lot in order to master the guitar playing skills. Therefore, have patience and practice as much as much you can. The more you practice, the faster you’ll be able to learn to play the guitar like a professional.
Music Licensing – To ensure proper and legitimate payment for your created music and also the proper use of it, music licensing is what you need. We, at Musicdealers.com, make sure you get paid the right and timely amount for your creativity.